Committee on Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
2022-2025: (9 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Byrnes, Thomas, Admissions (2023)
- Rome, Barbara, Nursing (2023, co-Chair)
- Wang, Biao, Math (2023)
- Golebiewska, Urszula, Biology (2024, co-Chair)
- Rhodd, Renee, Transfer Resource Center (2024)
- Ulrich, Mark, Business (2024, Secretary)
- Lau, Matthew, English (2025)
- Pinheiro, Susana, Math (2025)
- Wong, Kathryn, College Discovery (2025)
- TBA, CoC Liaison
- TBA, Steering Committee Designee
- Arthur Corradetti, Dean for Institutional Effectiveness, President's Liaison
Section 11. Committee on Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
The Committee on Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness shall consist of nine (9) members of the faculty and eligible staff, reflecting, where possible, a balanced representation of faculty from varied programs and curricula, with no more than one representative from any given department; and two (2) students.
The Committee on Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness shall:
- Review and evaluate summary reports describing initiatives to assess student learning from academic departments, academies, and academic programs of the college;
- Review and evaluate documents relating to assessments of institutional effectiveness from all non-academic units of the college;
- Make annual reports of progress in assessment of data collection, including:
- The review of assessment reports from each department/unit of the college;
- Courses/college units assessed from each department;
- Summary of Assessment data gathered from assessments;
- Any departmental conclusions drawn and/or actions taken as a result.
- Review and evaluate assessment procedures the College undertakes and make recommendations concerning these assessment initiatives to the Academic Senate, in support of principles of shared governance, academic freedom and transparency.
The Committee meets the second Wednesday of every month at 12:10PM. Fall 2022 meetings: September 14th, October 12th, November 9th, December 14th.
Steering Committee Suggested Goals/Committee Goals
- Report to Senate on assessment of non-academic departments, with particular regard to effectiveness of student service
- Inform Steering Committee of any progress in getting department Assessment Coordinators to attend one committee meeting per semester or year
- Inform Steering Committee of any progress in collecting delinquent academic departments 2020 reports
- Inform Steering Committee of any former committee members who are now department Assessment Coordinators. The Senate should be informed of that
- Add meeting times, even if only in general terms, plus chair contact information, to committee webpage