Student Learning Outcomes for Academic Programs
Dual/Joint A.A.S. in Nursing (QCC) leading to the B.S. in Nursing (School of Professional Studies)
General Education Outcomes
A robust general education is founded on the knowledge, concepts, methods, and perspectives that students gain through the study of many academic disciplines. These disciplinary studies stimulate intellectual inquiry, global awareness, and cultural and artistic appreciation: they equip students to make informed judgments and remain engaged beyond the classroom. To that end, QCC promotes educational activities that allow students to demonstrate that they can:
- Communicate effectively in various forms
- Use analytical reasoning to identify issues or problems and evaluate evidence in order to make informed decisions
- Reason quantitatively as required in various fields of interest and in everyday life
- Apply information management and digital technology skills useful for academic research and lifelong learning
- Apply scientific methods and reasoning to investigate issues or problems in the natural and social sciences in order to draw conclusions
To support these institutional general education outcomes, the academic departments-;through their programs-may also assess the ability of students to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills in the program of study
- Make ethical judgments while recognizing multiple perspectives, as appropriate in the program of study
- Work collaboratively to accomplish learning objectives
Approved by the Academic Senate on April 13, 2021.
End of Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program the graduate will:
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors consistent with the standards of practice and regulatory frameworks of the registered professional nurse.
- Provide safe, effective and competent nursing care.
- Assess patient in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Provide patient-centered nursing care.
- Participate in collaborative relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, the patient, and the patient's support persons.
- Utilize evidence based healthcare information to provide nursing care.
- Improve healthcare by incorporating quality improvement initiatives.
- Utilize information and technology to communicate, mitigate error, and support decision-making.