Student Learning Outcomes for Academic Programs
A.S. in Movement Science
General Education Outcomes
A robust general education is founded on the knowledge, concepts, methods, and perspectives that students gain through the study of many academic disciplines. These disciplinary studies stimulate intellectual inquiry, global awareness, and cultural and artistic appreciation: they equip students to make informed judgments and remain engaged beyond the classroom. To that end, QCC promotes educational activities that allow students to demonstrate that they can:
- Communicate effectively in various forms
- Use analytical reasoning to identify issues or problems and evaluate evidence in order to make informed decisions
- Reason quantitatively as required in various fields of interest and in everyday life
- Apply information management and digital technology skills useful for academic research and lifelong learning
- Apply scientific methods and reasoning to investigate issues or problems in the natural and social sciences in order to draw conclusions
To support these institutional general education outcomes, the academic departments-;through their programs-may also assess the ability of students to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills in the program of study
- Make ethical judgments while recognizing multiple perspectives, as appropriate in the program of study
- Work collaboratively to accomplish learning objectives
Approved by the Academic Senate on April 13, 2021.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure and function of the body, and application of biomechanics to efficient movement in physical fitness and athletic conditioning.
- Apply the principles of physical fitness to optimize lifelong physical activity and health.
- Apply concepts of human behavior to enhance exercise performance.
- Conduct and evaluate health-related physical fitness assessments.
- Design and implement fitness and wellness programs for a variety of populations.
- Apply the principles of nutrition to exercise performance, body composition and weight control.
- Communicate and demonstrate proper etiquette regarding physical activity, legal liability, and ethics in exercise and fitness related professions.