Student Learning Outcomes for Academic Programs
A.S. in Psychology Spring 2019
General Education Outcomes
A robust general education is founded on the knowledge, concepts, methods, and perspectives that students gain through the study of many academic disciplines. These disciplinary studies stimulate intellectual inquiry, global awareness, and cultural and artistic appreciation: they equip students to make informed judgments and remain engaged beyond the classroom. To that end, QCC promotes educational activities that allow students to demonstrate that they can:
- Communicate effectively in various forms
- Use analytical reasoning to identify issues or problems and evaluate evidence in order to make informed decisions
- Reason quantitatively as required in various fields of interest and in everyday life
- Apply information management and digital technology skills useful for academic research and lifelong learning
- Apply scientific methods and reasoning to investigate issues or problems in the natural and social sciences in order to draw conclusions
To support these institutional general education outcomes, the academic departments-;through their programs-may also assess the ability of students to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills in the program of study
- Make ethical judgments while recognizing multiple perspectives, as appropriate in the program of study
- Work collaboratively to accomplish learning objectives
Approved by the Academic Senate on April 13, 2021.
Students will demonstrate competency regarding the knowledge base in the psychology major appropriate to an associate degree.
Students will demonstrate an understanding of research methods in psychology appropriate to an associate degree.
Students will make ethical judgments while recognizing multiple perspectives, as appropriate to an associate degree in Psychology.
Download the PDF version opens in a new window. The attachments on this page are in PDF format and require a PDF reader to open and view. If you need a PDF reader, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader as a free download. Click the image below to download Acrobat Reader.