WID WAC Committee
2022-2025: (9 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Christi Saindon, Chair, Communication, Theatre, & Media Production (2023)
- Contact: email@example.com
- James Nichols, Secretary, History (2024)
- Carla McIntosh, Academy Advisement (2023)
- Stefan Spezio, Center for Tutoring and Academic Support (2023)
- Raul Luiz Armendariz, Physics (2024)
- Angela Ridinger-Dotterman, English (2024)
- Svjetlana Bukvich-Nichols, Music (2025)
- Adam Luedtke, Social Sciences (2025)
- David Pham, Mathematics & Computer Science (2025)
Faculty Writing Intensive HIP Co-Coordinators
- Melissa Dennihy, English
- Monica Rossi-Miller, Foreign Languages & Literature
- Arthur Corradetti, Dean for Institutional Effectiveness, Liaison to Office of Academic Affairs
- Vacant, Steering Committee Designee
Meeting Dates & Times
- Committee meets two times per semester, typically during club hours.
- 2022-2023 Meeting dates/times:
Section 28. The Committee on Writing in the Disciplines/Writing Across the Curriculum (WID/WAC)
The Committee on WID/WAC shall consist of the director or one co-director of the WID/WAC Program, nine (9) faculty members from different departments who have participated in WID/WAC professional development and one (1) student.
The Committee on WID/WAC shall:
Oversee and make recommendations to the Academic Senate related to the WID/WAC Program;
Review and recommend changes in the criteria for a writing intensive (WI ) class to the Academic Senate for its approval;
Oversee a continuing WID/WAC Faculty Professional Development Program with the Office of Academic Affairs;
Hear and decide student cases requesting a waiver from any WI degree requirements;
Provide a list of current WI-certified classes and the instructors certified to teach WI classes to the department chairs who will make the final decision on the designation of a course or section as WI each semester;
Ensure through a certification and recertification process that all classes designated as WI meet the criteria for a WI class.
Provide the Committee on Committees with a list of faculty members who are participating in the WID/WAC program.