The Committee on Admissions
2022-2025: (6 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Demas, Jason, Health, Physical Education and Dance (2024) -- chair
- Che, Charissa, Health Physical Education and Dance (2024)
- Coombs, Andre, Academy Advisement (2025)
- Wei, Sujun, Chemistry (2025) -- secretary
- Ghoshal, Sarbani, Biological Sciences and Geology (2023)
- Vacant (2023)
- Bryan Chan
- Eun Jung Shin
- Daniela Teshima Valenzuela
- Shanaz Georgilis, Nursing, COC Liaison
- Richard Mako, Library, Steering Committee Designee
- Linda Evangelou, Assistant Dean of Admissions, Admissions and Recruitment, President's Liaison
Section 10. The Committee on Admissions
The Committee on Admissions shall consist of six (6) members of the instructional staff and three (3) student members who shall participate and vote only on matters of policy.
The Committee on Admissions shall:
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate matriculation standards governing entrance of students to the various curricula and programs at Queensborough Community College.
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate matriculation standards governing re-entrance of students to the various curricula and programs at Queensborough Community College.
- Consider appeals for matriculation and make decisions in accordance with Board of Trustees policies.