2023-2026: (6 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Barbara Rome, Nursing (2024)
- Cheryl Tokke, Business (2024)
- Mangala Tawde, Biological Sciences and Geology (2025)
- Rommel Robertson, Social Sciences (2025)
- Rondi Davies, Biological Sciences and Geology (2026) - Secretary
- Sujun Wei, Chemistry (2026) - Chair
- Lois Florman, Executive Counsel and Labor Designee
Fall 2023 Meetings
Section 14. The Committee on Bylaws
The Committee on Bylaws shall consist of six (6) members of the instructional staff and one (1) student.
The Committee on Bylaws shall:
- Consider and recommend to the Academic Senate new bylaws and amendments to the Bylaws of the Academic Senate.
- Consider and recommend to the Academic Senate new bylaws and amendments to the existing Bylaws of the Board of Trustees.
- Consider and inform the Academic Senate of changes in the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees.
- Advise the Academic Senate regarding the application of the Bylaws.
- Upon the request of the Executive Committee of the Faculty, consider and recommend to the faculty new bylaws and amendments to the Bylaws of the Faculty.
Steering Committee Suggested Goals/Committee Goals
Thank you for an excellent year of committee work in 2022-23.
Thank you for outstanding work on Committee Guide Addendum and committee activity database on Microsoft Teams. The committee activity database is for committee member use, as a replacement for online searchable repository for public use.
All Bylaws Committee actions regarding Bylaws changes are voted on by the Senate, and approved actions are posted on a Senate webpage. Though not searchable, the approved actions page is a satisfactory place for the public to see what has been done by Bylaws Committee and approved by the Senate.
As a committee, decide whether it's important for the public to be able to search for a particular Bylaws Committee action, even if not approved by the Senate (such an action would not be listed on the approved actions page). If the committee decides that the public should be able to search in this way, add language to your committee homepage to the effect of: "anyone wishing to search for a particular Bylaws action may email ____, who will conduct the search in a committee database."
The committee should vote to remove "members of the Registrar Series" from Bylaws language regarding who may vote in elections and serve on committees, as the Registrar Series is an obsolete term. The pertinent section in the Bylaws is Article VI Voting.
Thank you for a complete 2022-2025 committee homepage, including membership, officers, and meeting and contact information. As soon as possible, update this page to reflect 2023-2026 information.
Facilitate Student participation – A Committee Representation Preference Form will be sent to already-elected student senators during the first week of the semester, and to the remaining roster of senators culled from Club officers by the end of September. Students will be given a link to your committee's webpage, so make sure the webpage has chair/secretary contact information on it, including meeting times where possible.
When preparing your 2023-24 Annual Report, use the template provided in your Cascade reports folder, without altering it. Altering the template makes Steering Committee Annual Report review work less efficient.
Your committee's President's Designee will be Lois Florman for 2023-24, as it was in the previous year.