Committee on Computer Resources
Committee Guide Addendum
The Committee on Computer Resources (CCR) is composed of at least nine (9) faculty members including a Chair (or two Co–Chairs), and a Secretary. The committee will also work with a Presidential Designee (liaison) and three Student Representatives.
The committee meets at least three times a semester to fulfill its responsibilities in accordance with the bylaws of the Academic Senate and in consideration of any suggestions made by the Senate Steering Committee. Those members unable to attend in person may join the meetings via Zoom, but an in–person quorum must be maintained when voting on issues or electing new officers. Committee meeting dates and locations will be listed on the CCR webpage with meeting times and locations clearly listed. All meetings will be open to the public.
Charges and Responsibilities:
The main tasks of the CCR as indicated in the bylaws of the Academic Senate are to advise the campus community on all matters related to present and future use of computer and information–related technologies at the college. The CCR will also liaison with other committees concerned with related issues and facilitate student involvement in an effort to better serve the campus community. Additionally, the committee will maintain communications with the larger campus community via its website, relevant college listservs, and through the circulation of an annual newsletter written by the CCR members. The committee will also update its addendum when necessary and upload any relevant documents including agendas, annual reports, meeting minutes, and newsletters to its website on a timely basis.
2023-2026: (10 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
1. Ellis, Lauren, Nursing (2026)
2. Honey, Larisa, Social Sciences (2024)
3. Liu, Wenjian, Mathematics and Computer Science (2026)
4. Moon, Jonggu, Health, Physical Education, and Dance (2026)
5. Orlofsky, Amos, Biological Sciences and Geology (2026)
6. Rossi, Michelle, Nursing (2024)
7. Srivastava, Anuradha, Biological Sciences and Geology (2026) – Co–Chair (contact:ASrivastava@qcc.cuny.edu)
8. Sun, Joann, Engineering Technology (2025)
9. Van Cleef, Ronald, History (2026) – Co–Chair (contact:RVanCleef@qcc.cuny.edu)
10. Zhou, Zhou, Chemistry (2025) – Secretary (contact:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ted Dec, Office of Information Technology, Presidential Designee
Fall 2023 Meeting Dates
September 27, 2023 12:30 PM Medical Arts 143
October 23, 2023 12:30 PM on Zoom (meeting link)
November 29, 2023 12:30 PM Medical Arts 143
Section 16. The Committee on Computer Resources
The Committee on Computer Resources shall consist of nine (9) members of the instructional staff and three (3) students.
The Committee on Computer Resources shall:
- Report to the Academic Senate on the developments, problems and policies related to all computer resources and computer related activities at the College (i.e. registration, faculty research, library, use of local and remote computers, educational uses, etc.)
- Make recommendations to the Academic Senate on matters involving the present and future utilization of these resources and related policies.
- Survey and inform the College community about utilization and new developments related to computer technology at the College (i.e. committee newsletter, web site, etc.).
- Act as a general advisory group on computer resources, training, academic web site and general educational use of technology.
- Provide liaison members to committees concerned with computer and information technology.
Steering Committee Suggested Charges/Committee Goals
- Complete Annual Reports and update website information.
- Update Committee Guide Addendum.
- Facilitate Student participation – A Committee Representation Preference Form will be sent to already-elected student senators during the first week of the semester, and to the remaining roster of senators culled from Club officers by the end of September. Students will be given link to your committee's webpage, so make sure the webpage has chair/secretary contact information on it, including meeting times where possible.