Transfer Resource Center Events
Questions to Ask College Representatives:
Is your college offering an open-house? Online open-house? Virtual tour? If yes, please provide the details.
- What are the application deadlines for admissions – for spring admission? For fall admission?
- Where/how can I apply?
- Is there an application fee? If so, what is the fee? Are fee waivers available?
- Is the ACT or SAT required?
- When are notifications of acceptance sent?
- What are the academic credentials of the typically admitted student (e.g. GPA, ACT/SAT scores)?
- Which extracurricular activities are considered when making admissions decisions? How heavily are they weighed?
- Are letters of recommendation required?
- Do you require an essay?
- Do you require an interview? Audition? Portfolio? If yes, when/where will it take place?
- May I contact you if I have any more questions? What is the best way for me to contact you – via telephone? Via email?
- What type of support do you offer Students with Disabilities? Veterans? Active Military?
- What percent of applicants are accepted to the university?
- Do I have to declare a major when I apply?
- Is there someone at your school who will help me find an internship?
- Does your college offer any special programs like independent study or study abroad?
- What support services are offered to students (e.g. tutoring, career counseling, study skills workshops)?
- Does your college provide preparation for licensing exams? If yes, is it provided free of charge?
- Do you offer evening classes?
- Do you offer online classes?
- Will all of my community college credits transfer – with a degree? Without a degree?
- What is the maximum number of credits that can be transferred?
- How many more credits will I need to complete in order to receive my Bachelor’s Degree at your institution?
- Are there any specific requirements for certain programs at your college?
- Are certain majors more competitive to gain admission to than others?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- What type of scholarship opportunities are available?
- Do you offer scholarships to members of Phi Theta Kappa?
- Are there separate deadlines for admission and scholarship applications?
- Do I need to complete a FAFSA application in order to apply for academic scholarships?
- What opportunities are there for on-campus employment?
- Are college athletes required to live on campus? If so, is housing provided?
- What GPA must be maintained in order to remain active?
- Will I have a specified adviser familiar with the scheduling issues of an athlete?
- Will I be required to sit out a year if I transfer to your college?
- What types of extracurricular activities are offered on campus?
- Are there fraternities? Sororities? Clubs?
- What type of food services are available to students - Kosher? Halal? Vegetarian?
- Is there job placement assistance for graduates?
- What is the college doing to cultivate a safe campus?
- Are there police stationed on campus, or does the university rely on its own security team?
- How does the university communicate with students in an emergency?
- Is housing available/mandatory for transfer students?
- Are students required to live on campus?
- What housing and meal plans are offered?
- Are students allowed to have cars on campus?
- Is parking available on campus?
- When should students apply for parking?