Managerial and Professional Jobs
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to the Dean of Students, Office of Military and Veteran Services, and the Office of Community Standards, including record keeping, distributing information, preparing routine communications, and other administrative functions as needed.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview duties, the Administrative Coordinator will also perform the following activities:
- Maintains calendars to ensure all commitments, responsibilities, and deadlines are met, and that allocated resources are consistent with priorities.
- Coordinates communications to faculty, staff and students including but not limited to confirmation emails when reports are filed with the Office of Community Standards and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring electronic forms and files.
-Performs clerical duties, such as filing, faxing, answering phone calls, and responding to emails. Maintains and updates department database.
- Handle logistics for events, workshops, conferences and symposiums; including room reservations, submitting technology requests, ordering catering, room set-up and preparation of handouts.
-Ensure conference rooms and other meeting spaces are prepared prior to use.
- Writes and sends letters and emails to students on behalf of the Dean of Students, the Office of Military and Veteran Services, and the Office of Community Standards.
- Drafts and edits written or visual material, including routine publications and college catalog updates.
- Greets students, faculty, and others that enter the office.
- Receives and responds to requests for student disciplinary records.
- Provides assistance to staff, managers, and senior-level officers as needed.
- Receives and forward communications to different staff and departments.
- Coordinates with human resources to handle payroll and personnel matters.
- Communicates regularly with internal and external constituents in a professional and collegial manner.
CUNY is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and is dedicated to recruiting and retaining professionals who share the College’s commitment to equity. It welcomes nominations of, and applications from members of protected groups including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities, as well as others who would bring additional perspectives to the university’s mission. Candidates with demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness through their research, teaching and/or service are also encouraged to apply. One of Queensborough Community College’s greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively interact with students, faculty, and others; computer literate; knowledge of PeopleSoft/CUNYFirst preferred; must be able to demonstrate effective understanding in a multi-cultural student environment and have experience working with diverse populations; technological skills and ability to work with online software and programs preferred; ability to work independently as well as perform as a team member in a fast-paced environment; demonstrate problem solving and project management skills; and background in office management a plus.
Must have the technological skills to work with various software and online programs that support the Dean of Students, Office of Military and Veterans Services, and the Office of Community Standards.
Must be familiar with online meeting platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Willingness to participate in special events/projects and efforts to improve unit efficiency.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
All CUNY employees must reside within a commutable distance to the tri-state area.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Range: $60,394 to $70, 541
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
December 12, 2022.
Review of resumes to begin immediately.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.