Bylaws Committee Monthly Report
From: Dr. Urszula Golebiewska, Chair, Committee on Bylaws
To: Dr. Zivah Perel Katz, Secretary, Steering Committee of the Academic Senate
Date: May 12, 2021
Subject: Name Change of the Committee on Admissions
The Committee on Bylaws of the Academic Senate unanimously approved the following resolution on a meeting of May 12, 2021, and now submits the resolution for consideration to the Academic Senate:
PROPOSE: To Change the name of the Admissions Committee
Whereas, the Committee on Admissions charges as set in the current QCC Academic Senate Bylaws, Article VII. Section 10 are:
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate matriculation standards governing entrance of students to the various curricula and programs at Queensborough Community College.
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate matriculation standards governing re-entrance of students to the various curricula and programs at Queensborough Community College.
- Consider appeals for matriculation and make decisions in accordance with Board of Trustees policies
Whereas; over time the primary function of an Academic Senate Committee on Admissions has become
- to consider the cases of dismissed students referred to the Committee under the bylaws or by the specific action of the Senate and to make decisions in accordance with Board of Trustees policies on readmission.
- to formulate appropriate academic policies thereon; and to propose such policies for consideration by the Academic Senate.
Therefore, Be It Resolved that the name of the Committee on Admissions be changed to the Readmissions Committee. Be it further resolved, that the change be reflected everywhere where the Committee is referenced.