What You Need to Know
Priority Application Deadlines*
- Admission in Fall Semester: February 1st
- Spring Semester: September 15th
- Admission in Fall Semester: March 1st
- Spring Semester: November 1st
- Vary. Check individual college websites directly.
*Applications received after the application deadline are processed on a space available basis. Students are still encouraged to apply after the priority application deadline.
**SUNY Disclaimer: It is recommended that you check college SUNY websites directly for up to date admissions information which varies depending upon individual colleges and programs.
Transfer Information Overview for CUNY and SUNY 4-Year colleges:
To be eligible to transfer, at the time of application students must:
- have earned a “C” or better in both one college level Mathematics and one college level English course
- remove all stops and/or holds on their CUNY account before submitting an application
Transfer Information for CUNY colleges:
- Your entire coursework history will be used to determine a grade point average (GPA). If more than one college was attended, your GPA will be determined through a combined calculation of all attempted coursework.
- Admission to a 4-year CUNY college is guaranteed if you have earned an A.A., A.S. or A.A.S. degree with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Note that this does not guarantee that you will be accepted into a specific program or college.
- A.A. and A.S. degrees are designed as transfer degrees. All credits are guaranteed to count toward complementary programs at a CUNY 4-year college.
- A.A.S. programs are professionally oriented, designed to prepare students for a job rather than additional schooling. Not all A.A.S. credits will transfer to fulfill degree requirements at a CUNY 4-year college.
- If you were dismissed from another CUNY college prior to attending QCC it is recommended that you earn your Associate's degree before transferring. If you wish to return to your previous college, contact the Admissions Office there to inquire about their readmission process.
How Will My Credits Transfer?
For CUNY colleges:
Check course equivalencies through DegreeWorks. Log into your account, click on the Transfer What-If tab, choose “My Transfer What-If”, and follow the prompts to complete an unofficial evaluation of your credits.
For SUNY colleges:
Check SUNY Course Equivalencies.
For Private colleges:
Check individual college websites for information regarding transfer equivalencies.
Why Graduate Before Transferring?
When you graduate from QCC before transferring to a four-year college:
You will have spent your education dollars wisely, on core classes, before transferring to a more costly 4-year college.
Those who review your resume will see your Associate’s degree as an accomplishment.
You will have fulfilled a requirement for Dual/Joint Degree Programs.
You will benefit from guaranteed admission to a 4-year CUNY college.
You have access to Scholarship opportunities which are offered to students who earn their Associate’s degree before transferring.
With So Many Colleges To Choose From, How Do I Decide?
The best way to choose a college is to perform research and compare the pros and cons of each college.
Visit the college(s) in which you are interested – attend an open house and/or take a tour.
Ask for recommendations – speak with family, friends, and faculty at QCC.
Take an ePermit class at a CUNY College of interest.
Consider the following:
Do the colleges you are interested in offer the program you desire?
What is the cost of tuition?
Is the location of the college convenient?
CUNY 4-Year Colleges
SUNY's 64 colleges are a great place to live, study and play! They are as diverse as the communities in which they reside, from Long Island to Buffalo to the Canadian Border.