Transfer Application Information
Steps to Apply to CUNY
CUNY Transfer Application Overview 2020:
- Use the Mozilla Firefox browser to access the Transfer Application
- Under “CUNY STUDENTS”, click on “START YOUR APPLICATION”.
- Sign in using your CUNY Login credentials (CUNYfirst Username@login.cuny.edu and Password).
Listing Your Choices:
- You may apply to up to four individual CUNY colleges. You may not list a college more than once.
- Once a college is indicated you must select a specific program or major.
- Listing order is not important. You will receive a response from each college to which you apply.
- Click “Save” as you proceed through the application.
- Provide the name, location, and approximate start and end dates at all high school(s) and college(s) attended.
- Provide NYCDOE OSIS number. If not assigned, or unknown, leave blank.
- Provide the degree you will be earning (A.A., A.S., or A.A.S.) with your (expected) graduation/conferral date.
- Queensborough Community College’s CEEB Code is 2751.
- Identify your preferred email address.
- Supplemental information may be optional or required. Be sure to read the application carefully. If required information is not submitted your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
- When submitting recommendations, include the title, name and email address of your recommenders. They will be contacted electronically by the University Application Processing Center.
- Carefully review your application. If you have questions contact the Transfer Resource Center before you submit your application.
- Click “Submit” to complete your application. Print or download a copy of your Application Summary.
- If you are attending a CUNY college at the time of application the application fee is waived.
- When asked about your Current Enrollment, be sure to indicate if you are or were enrolled at CUNY for the terms specified.
- If you are not attending a CUNY college at the time of application, there is a non-refundable $70 fee.
After you apply:
- Login to CUNYfirst. Enter your “Student Center”. Scroll down to the “Admissions” section and click “View Details”.
- Review information to ensure accuracy of college and program choices.
- Should you need to make changes to your application after submitted, call the CUNY Welcome Center at 212-997-2869.
- You can click on each individual college to which you have applied to check if supporting documentation is required (see below) and view offers of admission.
Admission Offer(s) will be posted in your Student Center with an option to accept or decline.
- Acceptance notifications are made on a rolling basis beginning 6-8 weeks from the deadline date, or your application submission date, whichever is later.
- Once an offer is accepted, the college chosen will contact you via your preferred email.
If you are applying to transfer before completing 24 college credits, you are required to submit the following documentation:
Official High School, GED or TASC Transcripts:
- Contact all previous high schools attended to request an official transcript.
- Visit the NYS Education Department's Duplicate Diplomas and/or Transcripts page to request official GED or TASC transcripts.
- To order an official SAT score report visit Collegeboard.org
- To order an official ACT score report call 319-337-1313.
- To order an official TOEFL score report visit the TOEFL website
Official College Transcripts:
- Official transcripts from all non-CUNY colleges attended must be submitted in a sealed, school-issued envelope.
- It is not necessary to provide CUNY transcripts.
Supporting documents are to be submitted to the University Application Processing Center at:
CUNY/UAPC, P.O. Box 359023, Brooklyn, NY 11235-9023.
Once your final grades are posted in CUNYfirst, call the Admissions office at the four-year institution you will attend to request that your transfer record be updated
Steps to Apply to SUNY
- Access the SUNY Transfer Application
- Create an applySUNY account and password. Log in.
Listing Your Choices:
- You may apply to up to seven SUNY colleges with one application
- Listing order is not important. You will receive a response from every college to which you apply.
- Provide the name, location, start and end dates for all high schools and all colleges attended.
- When providing total number of credits enter all earned credits, from all colleges, both past and in progress.
- Provide the degree you will be earning (A.A., A.S., or A.A.S.).
- Provide an email address that you use regularly as it will be used to contact you regarding your application.
- If you will be graduating with an A.A., A.S. or A.A.S. degree during the semester in which you apply, or if you have graduated but have not attended any other college after you received your degree, the application fee is waived for up to seven campuses.
- To waive the fee, when asked to select a payment method, choose “Transfer Fee Waiver for Qualified Applicants.”
- If you apply before completing your degree there is a non-refundable fee of $50 for each college to which you apply. A fee waiver may be available for students meeting specific financial eligibility criteria. For details go to the SUNY Application Fee Waiver web page
SUNY Supplemental Applications:
In addition to the SUNY application, eight SUNY colleges require or recommend the completion of a Supplemental Application. Many campuses also ask applicants to complete an essay or personal statement. Visit SUNY's supplemental application site for any additional requirements.
You are encouraged to submit this information no later than 14 days following submission of your online application.
- College of Technology at Delhi
- College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
- State University College at Old Westbury
- State University College at Purchase
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Upstate Medical University
- SUNY Geneseo (for Business and Education applicants)
After you apply:
You will receive individual confirmations from each campus to which you have applied by email.
View Your Submitted Application and/or the Status of Your Application:
- To view submitted application: Click on the "SUNY Application" link on the respective campus tab in the "Application Details" section of the portal.
- To view the status of your application: Click on the "Application Details" section of the portal.
To change any information after your application has been submitted, contact the Recruitment Response Center at 1-800-342-3811 or by email at askSUNY@suny.edu.
- Official academic transcripts are required for all colleges attended whether or not you received credit.
- Contact the Registrar Office at each college attended and request that one copy of your official transcript be sent directly to each college to which you applied.
- If you are applying to transfer before completing 24 college credits, you are required to submit one copy of your official high school transcript directly to each college to which you applied.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Processing times can vary depending on volume and time of year.
Once your final grades are posted in CUNYfirst, it is your responsibility to provide your accepting school with an official copy of your final transcript.
Steps to Apply to Private Colleges
When to Apply:
Deadlines for private colleges vary. Check with each college to which you wish to apply to learn their deadline.
Where to apply:
Visit the website for each college for which you wish to apply for their individual application instructions. Many colleges will indicate that you must apply using the Common App or the Coalition for College App.
Application fees vary by institution.
All institutions will ask for supporting documentation.
- Follow the instructions provided in the application regarding where your original transcripts must be mailed.
- Queensborough Community College transcripts may be ordered through the Office of the Registrar.
Applications may require additional information such as an essay or letters of recommendation. Follow the instructions provided in the application regarding the additional information requested. Note that your application is incomplete until all requested documentation is received.
It is your responsibility to provide your accepting college with a copy of your final transcript which may be ordered through the Office of the Registrar.