How To Order Transcripts
Transcripts are copies of a student's academic record. By federal law (i.e. FERPA) a student must authorize release of their record in writing or by a specific identifier.
There are two kinds of transcripts: student (unofficial) copies and official copies.
- Student (unofficial) transcripts…… are unofficial copies that the student can find on their CUNYfirst account for free. If a student attended prior to the year 2000 they may request an official copy for his or her own records.
- Official transcripts... If a university or employer requires an official transcript to be submitted with a student’s application, the student must make a specific request – with the Name of the receiving institution – for an official transcript in a sealed envelope to be mailed to them. Be aware - if the seal of the envelope is broken, the transcript is no longer an official document.
Question: Are there any reasons that my transcript request will not be processed?
Answer: The college reserves the right to withhold all information on the record of any student who has not fulfilled financial or other responsibilities to the College.
Question: How can I obtain a copy of my transcript?
Answer: You may obtain a copy of your academic transcript in the following ways:
- Without a fee in CUNYfirst
Students who have attended as of the year 2000 or after may download an unofficial copy of their record from CUNYfirst opens in a new window. This copy is for information purposes only.
Processing time is immediate with your own printer.
- Order an official transcript (electronic or paper) through Parchment: https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/34593/account
- Without a fee in CUNYfirst
Download the PDF form opens in a new window
If you are not using the downloadable form but writing a letter be sure to include:
- Your full name. (If you attended QCC under a different name, please include both.)
- CUNYfirst ID number or last 4 digits of your Social security number
- Present mailing address
- Exact name and address where you want your transcript sent
- A $7.00 check or money order should be included for each request sent outside of the CUNY system or the University Application Processing Center (UAPC).
Office of the Registrar, Room A-104
Queensborough Community College
222-05 56th Ave
Bayside, NY 11364
Question: What if I need a student copy of my transcript right away?
Answer: For students who have attended as of the year 2000 or after the fastest way to obtain a student copy (unofficial) of your record is printing it on your own computer through your CUNYfirst account. You may Login CUNYfirst opens in a new window or using CUNYfirst for the first time you may Claim your account Claim CUNYfirst Account opens in a new window.
For those who attended prior to 2000 - You can order an official transcript from Parchment: https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/34593/account
For transcript support, contact Parchment: Call 847-716-3005 (M-F 8AM to 8PM) or for other support options go to: https://www.parchment.com/chat-support/
Information from the CUNY Transcript page: https://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/registrar/transcripts/