Worker's Compensation

Workers' Compensation Information

All Work-related Accidents Must Be Reported Immediately To:

  1. Health Services
  2. Your Supervisor
  3. Public Safety

In the event of a work-related injury, illness or accident you should inform Health Services, your department supervisor(s), and the Public Safety Office. In addition, you must notify The Office of Personnel. Once contacted, our Office will provide you with the necessary work-related injury/illness reporting forms. These forms, required by the New York State Workers' Compensation Board, should be completed and promptly returned to our Office. Once received, we will forward them to the College's WC insurance carrier, The City of New York Law Department, Workers Compensation Division. The forms are also available under forms in this website.

Upon receipt of your forms, The City Law Department will make a determination as to the compensability of your claim and will notify you directly of their decision. If your claim is deemed compensable, you will receive from them, a "Carrier Case Number". All parties who have treated you should enter your Carrier Case Number and your Social Security number on all of their bills. Their bills, together with the appropriate Workers' Compensation forms should be sent directly to:

The City of New York Law Department Workers' Compensation Division 350 Jay Street 9th Floor Brooklyn, New York 11201 (718) 222-5100

Important: Not all hospitals and/or doctors are willing to accept Workers' Compensation cases. In so that the appropriate party may be charged, before treatment is given to you, it is necessary that you tell your medical provider(s) that your injury/illness is work-related. It is also important that you give to your medical provider(s) the name, address and telephone number of our WC insurance carrier provided above. If you've already received medical bills from an emergency room, hospital and/or doctor, you should forward them immediately to The City of New York Law Department, Workers' Compensation Division for payment. For more information visit the Workers' Compensation websiteOpens in a new window.


Workers’ Compensation Notice and Leave balance Election

Workers’ Compensation Employee’s Notice of Injury

Workers’ Compensation Witness’ Report of Injury

Campus Cultural Centers

Kupferberg Holocaust Center exterior lit up at nightOpens in a new window
Kupferberg Holocaust Center Opens in a new window

The KHC uses the lessons of the Holocaust to educate current and future generations about the ramifications of unbridled prejudice, racism and stereotyping.

Russian Ballet performing at the Queensborough Performing Arts CenterOpens in a new window
QPAC: Performing Arts CenterOpens in a new window

QPAC is an invaluable entertainment company in this region with a growing national reputation. The arts at QPAC continues to play a vital role in transforming lives and building stronger communities.

Queensborough Art Gallery exterior in the afternoonOpens in a new window
QCC Art Gallery

The QCC Art Gallery of the City University of New York is a vital educational and cultural resource for Queensborough Community College, the Borough of Queens and the surrounding communities.