Forms - Office of Accessibility Services
Index of Forms
To complete this form, you need to have the following information:
- CUNYfirst username and password
- Proof of purchase
- Photos of the front and back cover of the book
Exam Accommodation(s) Procedures
According to Federal Law, no (otherwise) qualified person with a disability shall be denied a benefit or opportunity or be excluded from participation solely on the basis of that disability. This means that accommodation or adjustment may be made on a case by case basis to enable an otherwise qualified person with a disability to have full access to classes and programs at Queensborough Community College.
In order to receive accommodations, students must be enrolled at Queensborough Community College, registered with the Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) and have appropriate documentation on file. Accommodations are arranged on an individualized basis and must be approved by OAS.
Scheduling Class Exams
Students are responsible for scheduling each exam for which they are seeking accommodations through the Office of Accessibility Services. In order to schedule an exam and receive the appropriate accommodations, the following steps must be taken for each exam you are requesting accommodations for:
- Complete the online Testing Accommodation form (above) found under OAS Forms at least two (2) business days (Monday-Friday) before the date of the exam.
- You will receive an email from the OAS Lab confirming your exam accommodation request.
- Report to the OAS Lab in Library 116 at the scheduled time for the exam.
This procedure applies to all classroom exams, including mid-terms and final exams.
Scheduling CUNY Exams
Placement~ Compass Math~ Exit Reading~ Exit Writing ~ CPE
In order to take any of the above examinations using the accommodations that you are approved for then you must come in to the office (S132) to make the testing appointment. The university gives the CUNY examinations and the OAS office works in conjunction with the Testing Office to provide you with the reasonable accommodations.
Requesting Academic Tutoring and / or Assistive Technology
The Office of Accessibility Services Lab (OAS Lab Library room 116) provides a supportive environment for students who require accommodation(s) for testing, studying, tutoring and for assistive technology.
The Lab is available Monday through Friday from 9am - 7pm. Evening and Saturday schedules vary each semester and are posted.
Students with disabilities are welcome to use the OAS lab for studying and research, which do not require appointments. Individualized assistance such as tutoring and specialized assistive technology training must be arranged by scheduling an appointment. Please note: OAS provides supplemental tutoring for remediation for students currently enrolled in a remedial or ALP course at Queensborough Community College and registered with OAS.
Scheduling Tutoring Appointments
- Complete the online Tutoring Request form (above) found under OAS Forms.
- You will be contacted by phone within one week by the OAS lab staff to schedule an appointment to meet with you.
- It is extremely important that you keep your scheduled tutoring appointments. Failure to keep appointments may result in cancellation of tutoring appointments.
Scheduling Assistive Technology Training
- All assistive technology appointments are scheduled through the Office of Accessibility Services in room S132.
- If you are in need of assistance please call or stop by the office.